After October Conference
Yes-sir-ree here we are…already October? No way. Isn’t it crazy how fast time is flying. Well let me start out by telling you, i love being a missionary. Do you guys know who it is I represent? He’s kind of a big deal. Regardless of the area, the members, the companion, or even the attitude, we have a big responsibility to work our hardest.
This week was a busy week. Elder kocherhans is here and let me tell ya, he is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. His last two companions have been lazy and my last companion too, so we both are ready to WORK HARD! Its great. On top of us just “getting along” greatly, we also both want to step it up. we don’t want to waste a minute, because its not our time to waste! He has been out about 8 months and earlier in his mission, had a REALLY rough time with home sickness. Almost to the point of going home (he has a girlfriend) so I have made a promise to myself that I will not let me attitude get negative. This guy needs to get lost in the work and have a good time. I am just doing my best to keep him smiling. Its been only 5 days and I tell ya, im having the time of my LIFE!
I still cant believe that I am STILL in panama city. 5 transfers here! That’s a whole lot. At the end of this transfer (nov 14), I will have been here for 7 months. My 6 month mark, my birthday, and then It will be one day before my one year mark. Crazy!
So, wasn’t conference great? Oh boy, we are lead by some very inspired men…..who know what it is we need to hear. I really felt that this conference, the gloves are off. To hear Holland speak about the TRUE nature of God and then Nelson about the book of mormon….we wont take any more crap from the media and Hollywood. They, along with all the people against Mitt Romney, are really trying to give us a bad name. It really is the 11th hour and we are either on God’s side or against him. Satan is trying sooooo hard to pervert the minds of people who don’t know the truth…and especially the ones who are seeking it.
I look forward to the next 6 weeks…..and I realize that I don’t have much time with elder Kocherhans and here in P city, so I really leave the area better than I found it. Life is pretty crazy and a District Leader. I had to conduct a baptismal interview on satuday night. All went well. I have to interview all baptismal candidates for people in my district….except for ones I teach.
The district is Panama city, callaway, Bristol, and Mexico Beach. It was a little nerve racking, but it went great. We have district meetings on Tuesdays and I have to give trainings, so that will fun….elder Gonzales is serving in the neighboring area, Lyn Haven. We attend the same building for church, so we got to talk a bit…he is getting trained in a THREESOME….so 2 elders are training him. Both of which are some of the coolest/hardest working elders out here. They are great people. Well, now I am just chatting away, so sorry for the LOOOONG letter.
Love you all PEACE,
Elder russell
This week was a busy week. Elder kocherhans is here and let me tell ya, he is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. His last two companions have been lazy and my last companion too, so we both are ready to WORK HARD! Its great. On top of us just “getting along” greatly, we also both want to step it up. we don’t want to waste a minute, because its not our time to waste! He has been out about 8 months and earlier in his mission, had a REALLY rough time with home sickness. Almost to the point of going home (he has a girlfriend) so I have made a promise to myself that I will not let me attitude get negative. This guy needs to get lost in the work and have a good time. I am just doing my best to keep him smiling. Its been only 5 days and I tell ya, im having the time of my LIFE!
I still cant believe that I am STILL in panama city. 5 transfers here! That’s a whole lot. At the end of this transfer (nov 14), I will have been here for 7 months. My 6 month mark, my birthday, and then It will be one day before my one year mark. Crazy!
So, wasn’t conference great? Oh boy, we are lead by some very inspired men…..who know what it is we need to hear. I really felt that this conference, the gloves are off. To hear Holland speak about the TRUE nature of God and then Nelson about the book of mormon….we wont take any more crap from the media and Hollywood. They, along with all the people against Mitt Romney, are really trying to give us a bad name. It really is the 11th hour and we are either on God’s side or against him. Satan is trying sooooo hard to pervert the minds of people who don’t know the truth…and especially the ones who are seeking it.
I look forward to the next 6 weeks…..and I realize that I don’t have much time with elder Kocherhans and here in P city, so I really leave the area better than I found it. Life is pretty crazy and a District Leader. I had to conduct a baptismal interview on satuday night. All went well. I have to interview all baptismal candidates for people in my district….except for ones I teach.
The district is Panama city, callaway, Bristol, and Mexico Beach. It was a little nerve racking, but it went great. We have district meetings on Tuesdays and I have to give trainings, so that will fun….elder Gonzales is serving in the neighboring area, Lyn Haven. We attend the same building for church, so we got to talk a bit…he is getting trained in a THREESOME….so 2 elders are training him. Both of which are some of the coolest/hardest working elders out here. They are great people. Well, now I am just chatting away, so sorry for the LOOOONG letter.
Love you all PEACE,
Elder russell


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home